Friday, February 11, 2011

DOT 14 : NONSENSE

Daniel (7+ years old) 
November 6, 2002
 
The next morning, the doctor came to your room. 
“We’ll be sending Daniel for an MRI later in the morning,” the doctor began. 
You were still sleeping like a baby. 
Mom took a deep breath, and mentally prepared herself for the drama-role she was about to play.

“You know doctor, I was thinking...” 
Mom said slowly, before continuing,
"Is it okay if Daniel did the MRI in Sunway Hospital?” 
The doctor raised an eye-brow. 
Mom continued steadily, 
“My friend works in Sunway and she tells me that the hospital has a new MRI machine which is child-friendly. Their machine has music to entertain the child during the scan.” 
Your mother paused, before explaining further, 
“The MRI machine in this hospital is old, and is very loud and noisy. I’m afraid it might frighten my son. He’s only a little boy and I don’t want him traumatized any more than he has to.”
Mom could tell that this was probably the first time the doctor has come across such unbelievable nonsense. 
He was not at all impressed with her reason for a transfer. 
 
I wanna hold your hand ...


I Want To Hold Your Hand
By Kurt from GLEE.
 
Click on title to view video.