Tuesday, November 29, 2011

DOT 126 : FREE

THE FINAL CHAPTER : A SPIRITUAL JOURNEY (Sept 2009 to Jan 2010)
At the Grotto of Our Immaculate Conception, in Lourdes   
Daniel (14+ years old) (Friday 18/9/2009) 
Day 9 in Lourdes
NOVENA DAY 1
(extraction of Mom's email to Aunt J in USA)
 
While waiting for Daniel to come around, the Irish man came up to me and said, "When I was 12 years old, my body was filled with cancer..." 
I stared at him. 
Nothing came out of my mouth at first, but he definitely got my attention. He nodded, as if he was confirming the one question that was popping repetitively in my head then - 
REALLY ???
He continued quietly, like he wanted me to know that he understood what it was like to have a scary and life-threatening ailment, 
"It's been 13 years already, and I'm now free from it ..."
I was like, totally dumbfounded. 
I could feel he wanted to give me the assurance that everything would be okay. God must have put him there to strengthen my faith, which was already in clear danger of spiraling out of control. 
I pulled Bryan over, and asked the man, 
"Could you please repeat what you just told me?"
He did.
 
10,000 pilgrims from Italy that weekend. 
There were hundreds of people on wheel chairs, but only 3 on stretcher beds. 
 You were one of the 3.