Thursday, March 31, 2011

DOT 55 : TOY

Daniel (7+ years old) 
Wednesday, November 13, 2002
 
Aunty Jessie wrote this entry on your facebook on March 21, 2010.

Before moving to the Children's Ward, I recall getting a chance to see You in the ICU the day after surgery.

Hospitals ...
Oh, how we loathed hospitals ...
Especially when we know it's not a celebration of a newborn. 
Walking down the bays in the ICU made me think of Tracy too. Though I didn't get to see Tracy in the hospital (in Mexico), your mom's letters described every little thing in such intricate detail that I, we, felt like we were all there with her. 
Your bay happened to be at the end of the hall on the right side and so every little step taken was nerve wrecking.

When I saw You laying there on the bed, You were still drowsy and had a permanent frown on your face. 
It's hard to see You without a smile. 
I couldn't bring in your load of toys because You were in the Intensive Care Unit but I did sneak in at least one toy ...
Either You were REALLY drowsy or You were so NOT impressed with that one miserable toy. I was worried that You were disappointed. I thought You had a smile but maybe it was more like a smirk ... like in Calvin and Hobbes. 
We assured You that there was a whole lot more just waiting for You. You nodded like a goooood boy and went back to sleep.

The next day, You were transferred to the Children's Ward and all those tubes and gadgets were removed from your body. Hey, I'm not in the medical field, ok ... 
You were back to your normal happy-go-lucky self ...
(continue on Dot 56)
 
 Justine, You and Aunty Jessie ... :D