Sunday, February 13, 2011

DOT 16 : ENVELOPE

Daniel (7+ years old)

November 6, 2002

Handing the letter to Mom, 
the doctor looked her straight in the eyes and said, 
“I’ve given Daniel my best care the past two days…” 
Mom returned his look unflinchingly, as she heard herself responding,
“Yes, yes, I know, I know that...
Our family will always be grateful to You for all that You have done for him here... 
Thank You.” 
Accepting the envelope with humble hands, we silently parted on the professional understanding that the patient has every right to a second opinion. 
Dad and Justine arrived a short while later. 
Mom waved the letter in Dad’s face and said, 
“Let’s settle the bill and get out of here.”
 
Get me outta here, Jus ...
 
A WHOLE NEW WORLD
From the Disney Cartoon Aladdin. 
 
Click on the title to view video.