Sunday, January 22, 2012

DOT 160 : STRATEGY

THE FINAL CHAPTER : A SPIRITUAL JOURNEY (Sept 2009 to Jan 2010)
At the Grotto of Our Immaculate Conception, in Lourdes   
Daniel (14+ years old) (Tuesday 22/9/2009) 
Day 13 in Lourdes
NOVENA DAY 5
 
"You just took off suddenly, Daniel. You could have at least told me before You left the hotel. We were worried." 
The last line was thrown in to inflict a little bit of guilt in You, so Mom could justify all the heavy probing. 
A good strategy, your mother thought, to gently persuade You to cooperate and communicate better.
"I don't know ... I just walked there ..." 
You replied simply.
Ahah! Did she smell a ra ... spaghetti marinara somewhere?
"You didn't know You were walking to the grotto?" Mom asked slowly.
"No, I know ... but I don't know why," You explained. 
"I think I went there to look for Dad." You finally decided to come up with the most logical reason You could think of.
"So, did You find Dad?" Mom pounced deliberately.
 

Picture taken on 29/9/2009.
Mom on the laptop, Aunty Diana was with us.
This is the table where the um, interrogation, took place. :D