Tuesday, November 29, 2011

DOT 122 : TWINKLE

THE FINAL CHAPTER : A SPIRITUAL JOURNEY (Sept 2009 to Jan 2010)
At the Grotto of Our Immaculate Conception, in Lourdes   
Daniel (14+ years old) (Friday 18/9/2009) 
Day 9 in Lourdes
NOVENA DAY 1
(extraction of Mom's email to Aunt J in USA)
 
This morning, at 8:30 am, we were trying to get Daniel to get ready to go to the Grotto. 
The baths would be opened between 9 am - 11 am. 
It took forever to get him ready because he would not sit up. Each time he tried, he would groan and fall back in pain. It's his head. He's feeling the low pressure the doctor warned us about. 
Daniel, seeing my anxiety, made a joke to get a smile out of me, complained that he didn't sleep well last night because I was snoring too loudly. I said, that was his dad. 
He replied, nahhh, it came from my direction. 
I was about to protest when I caught a twinkle in his eye. He was more concerned about my feelings of anguish than his own pain. 
A lump is appearing in my throat as I write. 
It's just not fair.
Finally, at 10:45 am, we managed to get him to wear his pink t-shirt and shorts, and put on his shoes. 
He suddenly sat up, stood up and walked to the escalator, which had a chair in it. He lowered himself slowly on the chair, as the escalator bought us down to the basement. 
From there, we bundled him up in the car, and Laura drove us to the Grotto. Bryan had to run there as the car only had space for me on the passenger seat and with Daniel, lying down behind. 
 
 Dad, Justine and You putting on sunscreen at the beach.