Tuesday, November 29, 2011

DOT 124 : ENGLISH

THE FINAL CHAPTER : A SPIRITUAL JOURNEY (Sept 2009 to Jan 2010)
At the Grotto of Our Immaculate Conception, in Lourdes   
Daniel (14+ years old) (Friday 18/9/2009) 
Day 9 in Lourdes
NOVENA DAY 1
(extraction of Mom's email to Aunt J in USA)


We were 5 minutes late.
Thankfully, the bath hospitaliers quickly welcomed us in.
They put Daniel on a stretcher-carriage, following my hand signal that he was not able to stand nor walk, and steered his carriage straightaway to the entrance of the bath. 
I watched him disappear behind the curtains.
A man, whom I found out later was from Ireland, spoke to me in English (Yup, English) and said that the hospitaliers would take care of Daniel. 
He asked me not to worry. 
It surprised me to hear him speak in English, because everyone else spoke French and communication with anyone there was absolutely nil before this Irish man. 
It was so reassuring to be able to communicate with someone there. Seeing his warm smile and friendly face, was too much for me to take. I am embarrassed to say that, that was the moment I chose to be really unsophisticated. 
I let my guard down and bawled my eyes out.
I was so overwhelmed, like totally ... with everything that has been happening since our arrival here. 
Everything's gone crazy. 
I feel like I am walking on egg shells, not knowing when I would crack, break or shatter. 
 
 Taking a stroll near A Farmosa in Malacca (2009).